Saturday, February 14, 2009

I promised you an update either on Friday or today (Saturday), so as to not disappoint you, dear reader, here is my latest update.

Friday began with a nice promise of productivity - the sun was shining, the weather was warm. See, I do all my work in the backyard and take all the cut pieces into the basement for assembly into the walls, etc. This is to keep the dust to a minimum. No, it's not. It's to keep my lovely bride from seeing lots of sawdust everywhere in the basement. Yes, that's the ticket.

If you recall from reading the previous post, I have laid the wall plates out and did some wall work. This particular area of the basement is a bit trickier. See, there are lots of pipes and stuff in the ceiling. Attaching the studs into the ceiling joists is made difficult. So, after cutting and hammering and adhesive-ing studs, I've gotten a bathroom out of the deal. Here it is from the living space (to be)

That lovely batch of wires hanging in the stack is our internet and tv conglomeration. I'm putting in a nice distribution hub on that wall. There will be a closet there, so that's nice.

Here is an image of the shower from the hallway. It's not built for 2.
It's built, really, for one. So, if you ever come to our house for a while for an extended visit, please accept our apologies at this point. The bathroom's small. At least we have 2 1/2 other baths. That silly 1/2 bath - keeps leaking water from the 1/2 bathtub every time I try and fill it.








I have more lumber in my garage today, but I really don't feel like going down there and working on the walls. It's cold today - there's a breeze, nay, gale from the northwest, and the basement doors face south. I'd be cutting in the frigid north wind, and that's no good. So, there are other projects to do today like replace knobs in our master bath and finish the deadbolt on our garage entry. And other stuff.

And, I'd like to take this opportunity to tell you that I welcome your comments and I thank you, dear reader, for being the one person who comes and reads my drivel, er, posts.

So, it doesn't look like I'll be doing much today. It's too freaking cold. 34 degrees.

No comments: