Monday, February 9, 2009

Basement, part III

It's construction season again. This time, I'm tackling 2 rooms and a hallway (by default). This will bring the basement to 50% completion, and will leave very little work to do to bring the basement to 100% completion.

The basement is stubbed for a full bath, although I'm thinking that the full bath is actually a full bath for very small people. The HVAC unit is a scant 65 inches from the shower drain, and the shower drain is stubbed for a full-sized tub. According to setback guidelines, I need 12 inches of clearance between the HVAC and a wall. Well, that isn't going to fit. Time to re-engineer the walls.

You're looking down the hallway towards the bathroom through the mechanical room. The treated lumber is for the bottom of the walls. Also have to build access for the water shut-off. The next step will be to continue to frame so as to get an indication of the room size, and wiring and plumbing. Then insulate and drywall and finish. Tile on the bathroom floor and carpet in the hallway.

Here's another view of my progress: Just turn your head to the left. The white pipes are the shower and toilet stubs, respectively.



It will be a few days until I'm able to work down there again. Hopefully on Friday I'll be able to get quite a bit accomplished.

No comments: